Content on Three Pillars Blog & other suggested links
This is a simple sitemap or index of posts and pages on this website that is intended to make information here easier to locate. If there is no link, the post is pending publication and the title is a placeholder.
The origins of the Eliakim-Peter typology claim
Modern Roman Catholic apologists defend the papacy by arguing Eliakim, an Old Testament steward in the Davidic monarchy is a typological prefiguration of Peter in the New Testament. Their typology draws parallels between Isaiah 22 and Matthew 16. It’s a very new interpretation of these passages with no real roots in history and one that defies sound Biblical hermeneutics. This series uncovers the origin of the claim, revealing who is responsible for it and why it is so popular.
- The Origin of the Eliakim-Peter Typology, Part 1: Keys, Stewards, and Fathers, Oh My!
- The Origin of the Eliakim-Peter Typology, Part 2: Rambling Reformers
- The Origin of the Eliakim-Peter Typology, Part 3: The Silence of the Fathers
- The Origin of the Eliakim-Peter Typology, Part 4 (coming soon)
Baptism before the 6th century (planned)
- The Earliest Church Fathers and Apologies
- The “Household” Baptisms in Scripture
- The Origin of Origen’s Quotes About Infant Baptism
- Known Baptismal Ages in the Early Church
- Baptismal Archaeology and Geography
- The Quote of All Baptism Quotes
- Augustine’s Innovations
- Shadows in the Water:
- An Appeal for Baptismal Reform
Browse posts by category
This site uses categories to broadly group posts by the main topic of the post.
Browse posts by tag
This site uses tags to identify specific things discussed in each post. Larger fonts indicate more posts have that tag.
2 Timothy Acts Anton Lauterbach Apologetics Aristides Berea boniface catholic Catholic Answers christmas tree Culture Dogma Eliakim Isaiah 22 Johannes Janssen Key of david Keys legend Luke Martin Luther Matthew Matthew 16 myth Papacy Paul Peter Pope Purgatory Quotes Reformation Roman Catholicism Sailing saint boniface Scott Hahn Scripture Sola Fide Sola Scriptura st. boniface Steve Weidenkopf Table Talk Thessalonica Tradition Typology Warren Carroll Works
Other suggested links
Beggars All: Reformation and Apologetics
Triablogue – A team of bloggers
Turretinfan – Reformed apologist